Thursday, April 7, 2011

lists

What have I done with myself lately? Honestly I don't know. I don't know how today is Thursday. Or how tomorrow is Friday. I cannot stop the fact that I will be 25 next week (along with my twin Todd, sometimes I forget =) I have so many things on my to do list. It's actually more like my "want to do" list. It sometimes tends to take over my need to do list. There are lots of lists in my life. They help me make things happen!

I made a list last year for things I wanted to do while 24. I actually completed most of them except "take a cake decorating class." Still need that one. Big on my list was making art. Lately I haven't gotten to much art making. That is on my need and want to do list. But somehow when I come home after 3 classes with hormonal 14 year olds, I am pooped and tell myself..."self, later today after you chillax, you should do art." Then later comes and I instead think...what's for dinner? where's david? etc etc.

My life is a simple one to be honest because really those are my questions at night. I don't have kids, yet. That means that unlike my mother friends, I do not have to think..."where are the wipes? why won't they stop crying? and what the heck made their diaper smell like that?" So my days feel kind of selfish sometimes to be honest. I do what I want when I want pretty much. Surrounding me are young mothers walking their children, playing at the playground, watching their kids eat dirt. Cute. I remember writing in my journal in high school about my future plans and where I thought I'd be at 25. On the list was...go to byu. Check. I think following that was...have 2 kids. Well I'm fresh out of those! I am almost 25 and although I am not a mom, I am a wife. Check. That is high on my list. I love him. One day we'll be parents. Check.

2 comments:

  1. And a wonderful sister. Check. I think your lists and life sound delightful. There is plenty of time for children. Enjoy your new couch, your awesome husband and being 25. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete