Friday, November 20, 2009

art in my heart


This semester I have finally learned how to oil paint. I had an oil painting class before but it was frustrating and my teacher didn't teach squat. So I have been grateful to have that prayer answered this semester by a wonderful teacher. I'm in an advanced painting class which my teacher realized the first day none of us were very experienced and had only done 3-10 oil paintings, making us very inexperienced! SO he changed the whole curriculum and assigned us to paint 20 paintings of mason jars. Throughout this whole thing he taught us different techniques etc...and now I am best friends with my mason jar. I've had to stare at it for many hours.

We've all improved drastically and on Dec. 3rd we are having a show in a gallery to exhibit all the beautiful jar paintings. Each will sell for ten bucks eat and the money will be donated to different charities and food banks around utah. We have 322 jar paintings so if each one sells that's 3200 bucks made for charity. I think that's awesome. I'll post later my first awful painting compared to my later ones. I'll have to scan them first but this is our flyer:




No comments:

Post a Comment